Updated December 2021
More Strategic Pty Limited [ACN 136 534 677] is committed to providing quality services to you. This policy applies to all personal information collected by us. It outlines our ongoing obligations to you in respect of how we manage your Personal Information when:
- We provide professional services to you or our clients;
- You use “this Website”; or
- We perform any other activities that form part of the operation of our business
When we refer to ‘this Website’ we are talking about www.morestrategic.com.au.
We have adopted the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Privacy Act). A copy of the Australian Privacy Principles may be obtained from the website of The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.aoic.gov.au
What We Collect
Personal information is information or an opinion about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable:
- Whether the information or opinion is true or not and
- Whether this information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not
We may collect personal information when it’s reasonably necessary for, or directly related to, our functions or activities. The kinds of personal information we may collect include all of the following:
- date of birth
- contact details.
Sensitive information is a subset of personal information and includes information or an opinion about such things as your:
- racial or ethnic origin
- political opinions
- membership of a political association
- religious beliefs or affiliations
- philosophical beliefs
- sexual orientation
- criminal record
- health information
- genetic information.
- biometric information
We may collect sensitive information as part of a specific survey:
- where the owner of this information provides consent
- when the collection is authorised or required by law
- the collection is otherwise allowed under the Privacy Act. 1988 (Cth).
Information about circumstances, such as:
- employment status
- education status
- financial situation
- cultural and linguistic background
- family circumstances.
How We Collect Information
We only try to collect the information we need for the particular activity we are carrying out. We collect personal information through a variety of channels including:
- Via a list of contacts from a client we are conducting research on behalf of, and we have permission from the client to contact you
- Directly from you, in the course of you participating in our surveys and/or research; this may include telephone surveys, web surveys, printed surveys, face to face interviews, or focus groups.
In these instances, the information may include your name, contact phone number, and some information relevant to our client, such as your recent donation history or your donor /volunteer experience with our client. If so, we will inform you as soon as practicable of this collection and the circumstances of this collection.
- From websites or other publicly available sources. The information captured from these websites will include a name, phone number, geographical location, and organisational role.
- When you use our website www.morestrategic.com.au and complete a Contact Form or a pop-up to obtain a specific report.
Log Files: The More Strategic website follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this and are a part of hosting services’ analytics. The information collected by log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
Cookies and Web Beacons: Like any other website, More Strategic uses ‘cookies’. These cookies are used to store information including visitors’ preferences, and the pages on the website that the visitor accessed or visited. The information is used to optimize the users’ experience by customizing our web page content based on visitors’ browsers.
You can choose to disable cookies through your individual browser options however your use of the website may be affected.
The Website does not currently recognize Do Not Track (DNT) signals sent by our users’ web browsers.
Children’s Information: More Strategic does not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13. If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will do our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
Please note that our website may contain links to third party websites. We do not operate these websites and therefore are not responsible for the collection or handling of personal information by the operators of these websites.
Why we collect information & how we might use it
When we collect Personal Information, we will, where appropriate and where possible, explain why we are collecting the information and how we plan to use it.
We collect Personal Information for the primary purpose of:
- providing information and services to our clients
- providing information and services to you, and
- advertising and marketing, including sending you promotional information about our products and services and information about third parties that we consider may be of interest to you. You may unsubscribe from our mailing/marketing lists at any time by contacting us in writing.
- responding to your queries or feedback;
- analysing and improving all aspects of our business including, but not limited to, our business systems, processes, outcomes, communication, website, engagement and performance;
- letting you know about developments in our procedures, products, services, activities and programs that might be useful to you;
- facilitating your participation in events;
- considering employment applications.
- complying with our legal obligations
- other legal purpose related to our services
We may also use Personal Information for secondary purposes closely related to the primary purpose, in circumstances where you would reasonably expect such use or disclosure.
Sensitive information is defined in the Privacy Act to include information or opinion about such things as an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious or philosophical beliefs, membership of a trade union or other professional body, criminal record or health information.
Sensitive information will be used by us only:
- For the primary purpose for which it was obtained
- For a secondary purpose that is directly related to the primary purpose
- With your consent; or where required or authorised by law.
Disclosure of Personal Information
More Strategic will not use or disclose any personally identifiable research information we collect from you unless:
- we have your express prior consent or.
- it is required in the delivery of personalized services, which may include to disclose personal information to third-party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services. This includes (without limitation):
- our employees, contractors, and/or related entities; and
- our existing or potential agents or business partners;
- anyone to whom our business or assets (or any part of them) are, or may (in More faith) be, transferred;
- third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information, products, services, or direct marketing to you. This may include parties located, or that store data, outside of Australia;
- IT service providers, data storage, web-hosting and server providers, maintenance or problem-solving providers,
- third parties to collect and process data, such as [Google Analytics or other relevant businesses]. This may include parties that store data outside of Australia.
We will not use or disclose your personally identifiable information for the purpose of advertising, promotions or direct marketing activities.
How we store personal information
We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information against misuse, interference and loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. These steps include:
- requiring any third party providers to have acceptable security measures to keep personal information secure; and
- putting in place physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in line with industry standards.
- limiting access to the information we collect about you;
- limiting physical access to our premises;
- monitoring system access which can only be accessed by authenticated credentials
- regularly updating and auditing our storage and data security systems.
When no longer required, we take all reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify the personal information in a secure manner.
Your personal information may also be exposed from time to time to maintenance and support personnel acting in the normal course of their duties
Except to the extent, liability cannot be excluded due to the operation of the statute, More Strategic excludes all liability (including in negligence) for the consequences of any unauthorised access to your personal information. Please notify us immediately if you become aware of any breach of security.
Data hosted for our clients
We gather and store personal information on behalf of our clients, including on our survey and data transfer platforms.
We keep the hosted data separate from our own data and protect it with strict access controls.
Send requests or complaints about hosted data to the organisation the personal information belongs to. If we get a request or complaint about hosted data, we’ll send it to the organisation that owns the data.
How we share information outside Australia
Personal information is sent overseas in limited circumstances, including to external service providers that assist our organisation, such as with internal operations (including training, website hosting or cloud storage) and market research. Under other situations, More Strategic will not send your personal information to a recipient outside Australia without obtaining your consent or otherwise complying with the APPs.
If you make an express request to us to transfer your personal information to an overseas recipient, the overseas recipient will not be required to comply with the Australian Privacy Principles, and we will not be liable for any mishandling of your information in such circumstances.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
In some circumstances, the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) provides additional protection to individuals located in Europe. The fact that you may be located in Europe does not, however, on its own entitle you to protection under the GDPR. Our Website does not specifically target customers located in the European Union and we do not monitor the behaviour of individuals in the European Union. Therefore, as we are based in Australia, so someall the information about users is transferred and /or stored there. In respect of our responsibilities under the GDPR,
As mentioned above, all the appropriate safeguardinformation about users will be collected and used in place for such a transfer isAustralia. Therefore, the existenceterms of this Policy are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of an adequacy decision under Article 45the State of the GDPRNew South Wales, Australia and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of New South Wales, Australia.
How to Access and Correct Information About You
It is important to us that your Personal Information is up to date. We will take reasonable steps to make sure that your Personal Information is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
If you find that the information we have is not up to date or is inaccurate, please advise us as soon as practicable in writing so we can update our records and ensure can continue to provide quality services to you.
More Strategic Pty Limited will not charge any fee for your access request but may charge an administrative fee for providing a copy of your Personal Information.
In order to protect your Personal Information, we may require identification from you before releasing the requested information.
This Policy may change from time to time and is available on our website, www.morestrategic.com.au. Any changes to this policy will be effective as soon as they are published on our website.
More Strategic Pty Limited
PO Box 3006
Asquith NSW 2077